Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Man, what a drug.

There is the possibility that I'll be heading to the East Coast for work in about 10 days, so I decided to do a little research on the internets.

Do you ever go to Wikipedia and just lose track of time? IMDB used to do that to me, but lately it's been Wikipedia.

I went over to the online encylopedia and did a quick search on Portsmouth, New Hampshire which is near my possible destination. I got all of the useful information I could from the entry and started poking around a little and saw that Betty Hill is a so-called famous person from Portsmouth. I decided I'd check out her page as well.

After checking out Betty Hill for a while, I was lead to another page which I cannot remember, but that in turn lead me to Project Serpo. Eventually I ended up on Serpo.org and I was hooked for the rest of the night.

If you haven't clicked on any of the links yet, I'll be upfront: It's a story about an alien encounter. I don't get all Tom Cruise about aliens, but I have a healthy amount of both skepticism as well as an open mind about things extraterrestrial. If you believe in the existence of aliens (not the ones from Mexico!) you should check it out. If you absolutely don't believe in aliens, but like a good story I'd still recommend checking it out.

I have lost about 3 hours of my life that I will never get back, thanks to Wikipedia. I'm not complaining though - it gave me something to do.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm goofy for Wikipedia. I could spend hours there. I start out trying to look up something moderately useful and within minutes I'm reading articles on impressionist art during the Spanish civil war.

9:00 AM  
Blogger Mark said...

I'm exactly the same. It's an addiction I tell ya.

5:33 PM  
Blogger Dirty Bunny said...

I lose track of time on Ebay. The east coast is gorgeous. I'd love to get back to New York some day. There's so much more than the city.

3:32 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

I love Wikipedia! If the only think on the Internet was wikipedia it would still be totally worth it.

12:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home