Wednesday, April 18, 2007

A little over two years ago I wrote a post about the TV movie Suzanne's Diary for Nicholas. I've since turned the comments off on that post, but if I recall correctly I was ridiculed for my taste in television movies, but I withstood it by admitting my undying love for Christina Applegate.

So today I went on a three store crusade in search of a very specific USB flash drive. Color me suprised when I made a quick detour to the DVD isle in Target and saw that I could purchase my very own copy of Suzanne's Diary. I didn't pick up a copy though, because I couldn't solve the debate that was going on inside my head. It's a good movie with good acting and a good story. I wouldn't mind watching the movie again, but its not a movie I'd watch 40 times. With that said, can you really justify spending $19.99 for a movie that you liked but would only watch one or two times, especially a tv movie? After a little research I determined that this movie was released to DVD at the end of January of this year. Conclusion: I'll wait until it hits the $9.99 rack and possibly pick it up then. The movie could be deceptively popular though. When I was in Target there were only 3 copies left, so apparently I'm not the only one who enjoyed the movie.

In other news, I received a call from work today. It appears that today is my lucky day. I was told that I placed second in the competition for one available promotion, beaten out by a solid candidate with about a year of experience more than me. Which typically isn't a good thing - unless another supervisor tenders their two week notice, opening up another spot to be filled.

I'm supposed to start supervisor training next week.

Labels: , , ,

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats now go get drunk

2:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember the Christina Applegate post. Has it been that long already? Time flies when you're fucking around on teh internet.

9:19 AM  
Blogger Mark said...

Derek - Might have to do that tonight.

Joe - Yeah, I thought it was a year ago, tops. When I pulled up the post and saw 2005 I couldn't believe it.

9:33 AM  
Blogger Kristin said...

A belated congrats :-)

12:26 AM  
Blogger Callie said...

Good deal! At least now you know that you'll get the job if another one leaves, but for now you don't have to worry about the hassle.

Way to go!

12:50 PM  
Blogger Mark said...

Kristin - Thanks!

Callie - I didn't make it real clear in the post, but a supervisor put in their notice the same day they were going to announce the one promotion - so they ended up promoting two of us on the same day.

7:19 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Congrats on the promotion!

Christina Applegate? I vote yes.

12:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

People should read this.

1:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wassup fromacertainpointofview.blogspot.com blogger found your website via Google but it was hard to find and I see you could have more visitors because there are not so many comments yet. I have found site which offer to dramatically increase traffic to your blog http://mass-backlinks.com they claim they managed to get close to 4000 visitors/day using their services you could also get lot more targeted traffic from search engines as you have now. I used their services and got significantly more visitors to my blog. Hope this helps :) They offer most cost effective services to increase website traffic at this website http://mass-backlinks.com

1:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home