Saturday, May 05, 2007

The new me? We'll see.

Yesterday I hopped on the scale and found myself to be a good 60lbs heavier than I'd like to be. It's really no suprise considering the sedentary type of work that I do. What irked me though was that I've gained another 5lbs in the last month.

So I've decided to do something about it.

I went out and bought a bicycle. I haven't owned a bike since my the last one was stolen about 3 years ago. I've mapped out a couple courses around the house that I'll try and tackle. There are plenty of hills, so it should be a good workout.

I'm a Mt. Dew junkie. If you were to see me at work, you'd almost always see a green bottle near me. I don't plan to go cold turkey, nor do I plan to cut out soda all together (at least not intially), but the new plan is to up my water intake while decreasing the soda intake.

I plan to make time for the gym also. We actually have a gym at work. It's not the newest equipment and nobody likes to spend anymore time on work property than they need to, but the reality is that I live in the sticks and I'd have to drive 30 mins in each direction to find a gym to join, so I might as well use the equipment at work. It's free and it's close.

Hopefully I'll be able to make the changes and see the results that I want to see. It's so easy to make excuses.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kristin said...

You n me both... I have a serious lifestyle issue as far as my weight is concerned. I eat when I'm hungry. That might be once a day. So my body has stopped doing what it is supposed to do (years ago) and holds onto every calorie I eat. I am hoping that in the next month I can make a conscious effort in getting that sorted out so that I return to work on a better path. Good luck with your efforts!

1:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home