Friday, March 16, 2007

Typical

Just shy of one month I've been waiting on this camera to get off of back-order and ship to my apartment.

Last Friday morning I logged in to check the status of the camera only to find it was still delayed. I had gotten beyond the point of being pissed about it anymore, and went about my day. As fate would have it, later that afternoon I found myself in the local Target Store so I decided to swing by the Electronics Department and take a look around.

I shouldn't have been amazed when I saw the exact same model and color camera that I've been waiting for sitting in their display case, but I was in fact - amazed. So I bought the camera, figuring I'd go home and cancel my original order. We all know where this is going, right? I went home and pulled up my order on the net only to find out that my order shipped.

I still haven't started the process for the promotion. I'm not entirely sure what the timetable is on this, but it's not an urgent issue for any of us, especially me since I just received $1.81 per hour raise. I've also been selected to be part of a natural disaster team. In the event of a significant natural disaster that would require more security at a different plant in the United States, I'd be one of the guys to go. It's an 18 month assignment, so that should pretty much guarantee good weather around the country for the next 19 months.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Sux about the camera. I suppose you can return it?

2:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home